Welcoming a new year at Mashomack
In the month of January, Mashomack is only open weekends.
Start the new year off on the green foot by adding some of these best practices to your routine:
- Join us on the trails and enjoy time outdoors.
- Speak up for nature.
- Switch to compact fluorescent or LED light bulbs.
- Recycle or donate old electronics.
- Start a compost pile.
- Commit to using native species in your landscaping.
- Volunteer at your local TNC Preserve.
- Save money while upgrading to a clean-water septic system.
- Switch to renewable energy.
- Replace your old car with an electric vehicle or energy-efficient hybrid.
Reconnect with nature. © Rebecca Kusa
Join us for A Walk Through the Woods on a Winter Evening
Mashomack’s trails will be lit for one night; we invite you and your family to take an evening stroll through the woods. Enjoy a half-mile walk and read our new Book in the Woods, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, by Robert Frost. Bring your flashlight.
Date: Wednesday, December 29th
Time: Timed entry between 5pm-7:30pm
Location: Mashomack Preserve
Advanced sign-up is required.
RSVP or questions, email MashomackPreserve@tnc.org
A Year in Review: 2021 in Five Trends
Change doesn’t happen overnight.
Here’s how the past year could affect the critical decade ahead.
Find out more info here CLICK HERE FOR TRAIL MAP
TRAIL HOURS: Trails open dawn to dusk, 7 days a week through December
In the month of January, Mashomack is open on WEEKENDS ONLY.
The Visitor Center and restrooms are temporarily closed.
During or following severe weather, we may need to close unexpectedly.
If the gate is closed, the preserve is closed. Please do not enter the grounds.