WESTHAMPTON BEACH PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
ANNOUNCES ITS INITIAL 2019 SUMMER SEASON LINE-UP
Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center is pleased to announce its initial release of 2019 Summer Season events. This season marks the center’s twenty-first year of operation and its first season programmed under new Executive Director Gram Slaton.
“It’s been a pleasure to dig in and see what the team and I could come up with for the 2019 year,” said Slaton. “We feel like we’ve slowly and carefully built a season of selections that bring back some of Westhampton Beach’s favorite names, while also lacing in new names and shows that we think our summer audience will love. The idea, as always, is to have something for everyone – and make sure all our ‘somethings’ offer high energy, great talent, and the promise of an exceptional experience that makes Westhampton Beach stand out as the place to be.”
The season’s line-up spans virtually every genre, featuring both breakthrough musical talent and reigning legends. Indulge in Broadway’s brightest stars, laugh with today’s sharpest comedic voices, shake and shimmy with great rock and roll, and sing along with classic pop favorites. You can even witness amazing feats of illusion and share in unparalleled family fun.
SEASON HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
– The Tony, Drama Desk and Grammy Award winning Jennifer Holliday opens the season with her WHBPAC debut, Saturday, May 25th.
– Sixties pop sensations Peter Asher (of Peter and Gordon) and Jeremy Clyde (of Chad and Jeremy) make vocal sparks on Saturday, June 15th.
– Sons of rock legends Gregg Allman, Dickey Betts, and Berry Oakley team up in The Allman Betts Band, playing Friday, July 5th.
– Contemporary Broadway diva Sutton Foster returns after three years away, on Saturday, July 6th.
– Godfather of “the New Jersey sound”, Southside Johnny and The Asbury Jukes returns July 19th.
– Australian rock favorites Three Dog Night make their beach debut Sunday, July 28th.
– The multi-platinum selling trumpeter Herb Alpert is joined by wife and acclaimed vocalist Lani Hall on Friday, August 2nd.
– YouTube phenomenon and arguably the hottest music ensemble today, Postmodern Jukebox brings their signature big time swing and contemporary pop mashup to the Hamptons on Sunday, August 4th.
– The king of swing and rockabilly revivalist, Brian Setzer comes to shake up the summer on Saturday, August 10th with his latest concoction: Brian Setzer’s Rockabilly Riot.
FULL SUMMER LINE-UP TO DATE:
- Jennifer Holliday – Saturday, May 25th at 8pm
- Mountain Man – Sunday, June 2nd at 8pm
- Carbon Leaf – Friday, June 7th at 8pm
- Peter Asher and Jeremy Clyde – Saturday, June 15th at 8pm
- Roy Wood, Jr. – Friday, June 21st at 8pm
- The Pitchforks – Saturday, June 22nd at 8pm *Family Friendly Event
- Early Elton – Sunday, June 23rd at 8pm
- Pianofest in the Hamptons – Thursday, June 27th and Thursday, August 8th
- The Allman Betts Band – Friday, July 5th at 8pm
- Sutton Foster – Saturday, July 6th at 8pm
- Pirate School! – Sunday, July 7th at 4pm and 7pm *Family Friendly Event
- Oz Pearlman – Saturday, July 13th at 8pm
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes – Friday, July 19th at 8pm
- The Fab Faux – Saturday, July 27th at 7:30pm and 10pm
- Three Dog Night – Sunday, July 28th at 8pm
- Herb Alpert and Lani Hall – Friday, August 2nd at 8pm
- ABBA The Concert – Saturday, August 3rd at 8pm
- Postmodern Jukebox – Sunday, August 4th at 8pm
- Tammy Pescatelli – Friday, August 9th at 8pm
- Brian Setzer’s Rockabilly Riot – Saturday, August 10th at 8pm
- Lisa Fischer and Grand Baton – Sunday, August 11th at 8pm
- The Sam Bush Band – Saturday, August 17th at 8pm
- Tab Benoit – Sunday, August 18th at 8pm
With more to be announced soon!
Please note that the Summer shows are currently on an exclusive donor sale with tickets only available to donors at this time. Public sale begins next Monday, March 11th at 11am.
Now in its 21st year, Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center is a year-round, community-based, not-for-profit 501(c)3 arts organization that serves patrons on the East End and beyond. At only 425 seats, WHBPAC offers a profoundly intimate theatre experience for both internationally-acclaimed stars and local young and adult talent. WHBPAC is committed to creating and sustaining an outstanding community for all residents through the arts, arts education, and a leadership role in the Westhampton Beach economy.
For tickets and more information, please visit whbpac.org or call the Box Office at (631) 288-1500
AAQ Resource: Koral Bros. Inc, General Contractors