External Affairs Manager
The Oysterponds Historical Society celebrates and shares North Fork culture and heritage by preserving, exhibiting and interpreting the history of the Orient and East Marion communities, and our place in national history. We are currently seeking a full-time External Affairs Manager. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with flexibility to work for special events and programs (with time off during the week), especially during the summer season (Memorial Day-Labor Day). The successful External Affairs Manager will be an energetic, self-motivated, team player who will be a natural leader with outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once. Experience with Microsoft Office software suite, fundraising software, and standard office equipment. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Maintaining donor relationships, including members, sponsors, donors and local businesses
- Liaising between board members, committee members, artists, and volunteers for special events, art auction, and programming planning
- Designing display material for events and programs
- Becoming point person for members – working with donor database system, including initiating correspondence for renewals and acknowledgements
- Managing event details for all major fundraisers throughout the year
- Maintaining marketing program, including website and design, new pages and updates, marketing materials for special events, and newsletter
- Creating online exhibitions for current exhibitions
- Maintaining social media presence and engaging new audiences through them
- Providing assistance to volunteer docents, including opening and closing of buildings and giving tours to the public when needed
Salary $35,000/year. Please send cover letter, writing sample, and resume to Marianne Howard, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. The qualified candidate will be asked to start as soon as possible. No phone calls please.