Located at 1200 Route 25A in Stony Brook, the Long Island Museum is a Smithsonian Affiliate dedicated to enhancing the lives of adults and children with an understanding of Long Island’s rich history and diverse cultures. Regular museum hours are Thursday through Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the successful candidate will work across multiple departments to manage all aspects of the Museum’s site safety.
- Responsible for scheduling, training, and managing approximately 12 Gallery Attendants
- Opening and closing all public Museum buildings on days that the LIM is open to the public
- General oversight of the security of the Museum, galleries, collections, and nine-acre campus during public operating hours
- Lead the development of short and long-range planning for these operations.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficiency with computers, including Windows and Google Workspace
- Exceptional customer service experience and skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on ensuring the best interactions with visitors and staff
- Passion for history and the visual arts
- Strong judgment and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters
- Previous museum experience and foreign language skills are preferred
- CPR and First Aid certifications are strongly preferred
$25-$28/hour, based on experience & qualifications, Full-time, 35 hours/ week
Schedule: Wednesday – Sunday, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Must be available to work weekends, holiday periods, and occasional evenings.
The position is to be filled immediately, with a start date in February 2024.
How To Apply:
For consideration, please complete this preliminary application:
For additional information or to submit a resume and letter of interest, please contact Anna Gass, Human Resources Administrator at email@example.com