Greetings Friends of SFEE:
In light of concerns about coronavirus, we have made a difficult, but necessary, decision to cancel this year’s “A Moveable Feast.”
It was difficult, because the support you provide is used for our 30 school gardens, but also our Master Farmers, the Chef to School Program, and many other events we sponsor and support. It is the right decision; your health and wellbeing means more to us.
There have been months of planning and many hours of hard work leading up to this event. I’m sure you can imagine this, especially if you’ve attended before!
It is a special evening.
- Filled with food from talented local chefs, delicious local wine and beer and great camaraderie.
- Wonderful volunteers do so much to make it run smoothly.
- We are above and beyond grateful for the generous support from our sponsors and businesses as well as our local community!!
- And of course the fabulous items donated to our silent auction, from gift certificates, to experiences, gift baskets, are all so important to help us reach our goals.
So what now? After all, those gardens still need tending!
- If you are a ticket holder, we hope you would like to turn your ticket into a donation. We believe now more than ever, teaching our kids about local, from seed to plant to fork, is such a big part of their health, as well as that of our local economy. (Your donation is fully tax deductible as allowed by law).
- If you want a refund, please reply to this email either way.
- Our Silent Auction will be live online in a week or so! Same great items there for your bidding.
- We will send you your winning gift certificate or deliver your bigger gift anywhere on the East End! It’s easy to bid, check your email and our social-media for more details.
SFEE, as well as all the world, is watching and doing our best to diligently in quelli the spread of COVID-19. When this has passed, we look forward to breaking bread together, to give and get hugs and support the beautiful East End .
And see you next year!
This is What We Do
School gardens affect children for the rest of their lives.
In a really good way.
Your East End Chapter Leaders
Officers: Pennie Schwartz, Chair; Al Goldberg, Vice-Chair and Treasurer; Robin Tyson-Stoehr, Secretary;
Laura Luciano, Membership Chair
Additional Leaders: David Chaffin, Eileen Duffy, Mimi Edelman, Steve Frankel, Jay Lippin, Maria McBride
Guest Leader: Nicki Gohorel
NY State Governor: Laura Luciano
AAQ / Resource: