Webb House, c. 1740, Orient Village
Originally the Inn of Lt. Constant Booth, circa 1740, on Sterling Creek in the Village of Sterling (Greenport). Moved about 1810 to North Road and became home of Orange Webb. Later acquired by George R. Latham and again moved in 1955 to Orient via barge. In the year 1757, Col. George Washington stopped at this inn en route from Boston to Virginia. — Plaque at site (erected by Oysterponds Historical Society).