Second House, Montauk. Photo courtesy of the East Hampton Historical Society.
SECOND HOUSE, MONTAUK
RESTORATION BY THE TOWN OF EAST HAMPTON
Second House restored to its appearance in 1880 with front porch and east wind added by Arthur Benson at that time.
Second House looking east, with 1880 lean-to kitchen extension to the left and 1809 barn and Fort Pond to the right.
Second House Elevations Courtesy of Robert Hefner, Director of Historic Services, Village of East Hampton.
——————— Credits ———————
Contractor: Ronald Webb Builder, LLC. Restoration design team: Robert Hefner, Historic Preservation Consultant, and Drew Bennett, D.B. Bennett, P.E., P.C. Consulting Engineer.
Photographs © Jeff Heatley
For further information on Second House, please visit:
AAQ / Restoration: Second House, Montauk, 1746
AAQ / Resource: Riverhead Bay Motors